Mirantis is committed to continuing to provide the best enterprise support for Swarm for the long term. This entails continuing to provide support for at least the next 3 years, and for as long as it makes sense for our customers.
We have more than 100 customers utilizing Swarm for production workloads, including GlaxoSmithKline, Jabil Circuit, MetLife, Royal Bank of Canada, SEB, and S&P Global. This translates to more than 10,000 nodes spread across approximately 1,000 clusters, supporting over 100,000 containers orchestrated by Swarm.
As part of our commitment, we are continuing to develop and maintain Swarm and the components necessary to ensure that it remains the perfect simple alternative to Kubernetes.
To put this into perspective, we maintain the following and more for our Swarm customers:
- FIPS Certification and Support
- Signed Image Support
- Regular Security validation and updates (typically on a 6-week cadence)
- Extended support providing a 24-month window
- Extensive lifecycle management tooling
- Security integration to enable RBAC and Enterprise Authentication
- Extensive Metrics
As part of our ongoing roadmap to support Swarm, we are going to include support for the following:
- Swarm CSI – Currently going through upstream validation
- MKE Image pruning – Automating routine maintenance of nodes
- MKE Mandatory Swarm resources constraints – Enabling administrators to set constraints for CPU and memory requests
- MKE Swarm Chargebacks – Enabling chargeback reporting for Swarm clusters
In conclusion, Swarm and the customers who rely on its simplicity and stability are important to Mirantis, and we will continue to provide top class support for Swarm for as long as is necessary to ensure the success of our customers.