Mirantis OpenStack 6.1
Mirantis OpenStack 6.1
Mirantis OpenStack 6.1 key new features include support for the OpenStack Community Application Catalog, flexibility of technology choice including vSphere and KVM hypervisors in a single cloud, and large scale clouds backed by our new scale-lab. All this and more from the #1 pure-play OpenStack company that guarantees 100% open-source software with open APIs.
Boost Developer Productivity
Developers and users can use a point-and-click interface to easily deploy workloads from the OpenStack Community Application Catalog on their Mirantis OpenStack clouds. Examples include:
- Cloud Foundry (see Reference Architecture)
- Kubernetes container orchestration framework (see screencast and read blog post)
- Dockerized applications
Learn more about OpenStack Community Application Catalog
Maximize Infrastructure Flexibility
Implement private clouds using vSphere with Mirantis OpenStack 6.1 — the industry’s most VMware-friendly OpenStack distribution:
- Run vSphere and KVM simultaneously to operate multi-hypervisor clouds (see screencast)
- Perform functions such as automated cluster scaling via integration with vCenter metering
- Pool resources and automate VM placement across one or more vSphere clusters
More Infrastructure Choices
Additional certified partners (complete list here):
- Storage: EMC (see press release and blog post)
- Networking: Juniper Contrail (see Reference Architecture and screencast) and Mellanox
- Big Data: Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) Sahara plugin now supports HDP 2.2.
- Server: Quanta and SuperMicro.
- Additional Fuel deployment plug-ins such as VPNaaS and FWaaS
Enhance Scalability and Resiliency
Expand the scale of your cloud with our new scale lab’s testing of the 6.1 release.
- Up to 200 nodes certified deployment out-of-the-box with Fuel
- 200+ nodes with tuning
Enhanced Infrastructure Monitoring and Analysis
The 6.1 release also packs new Fuel plugins for cloud log analysis, monitoring, analytics and visualization.
- Streamlined patch delivery and deployment using familiar Linux tools (see screencast)
- Documentation & tooling for experimental in-service upgrades (see screencast)
- Optimized to run on Ubuntu 14.04.1 in addition to CentOS 6.5
- Flexibility to specify deployment source repositories for host OS, patches, etc. (see blog and screencast)
- Juno maintenance release 2014.2.2
A complete list of features and improvements in Mirantis OpenStack 6.1 is described in our
You can also take advantage of the new Mirantis OpenStack-specific training course and Use-Case Validation professional services offering for validating OpenStack for your specific use/business case.