Good news for companies making a move to the cloud in Western Europe: Through a partnership with Mirantis, system integrator Apalia is enabling customers to build OpenStack clouds in France and Switzerland.
Apalia specializes in cloud infrastructure, and offers consulting, integration, support, and design, and plans to help customers build robust and agile public and private clouds that operate at scale running Mirantis OpenStack. As part of the partnership, Apalia will integrate Amysta, its software for cloud infrastructure usage metering, cost control and billing, with Mirantis OpenStack through Murano, the OpenStack application catalog.
France is a hotbed of cloud activity. BMI Research predicts the French Cloud market will reach about €5.0 billion by 2015, and become the fastest-growing European Cloud market by 2016. IDC Research predicts that Western Europe will see the highest growth in cloud IT infrastructure spending globally, at 32 percent, helping increase the worldwide cloud spend to $32 billion in 2015. And OpenStack is gaining market share as a trusted open source cloud platform; 451 Research estimates that it will reach a market size of $1.7 billion by 2016.
Pierre Vacherand, CTO and co-founder of Apalia, said his customers are turning to open source to orchestrate their clouds to run mission-critical applications—”first with CloudStack, and now with OpenStack,” he said. “Within the OpenStack community, Mirantis has a strong reputation for offering enterprise-grade testing, support and reliability,” Vacherand said. “Our partnership will make it easy for customers to operate OpenStack at scale.”“Every single business today competes with software,” said Mirantis VP of Global Business Development, Dr. Amitabh Shah. “It is everywhere – finance, telecommunications, transportation – even grocery stores. Competing at this level requires cloud infrastructure that supports real-time innovation. OpenStack gives companies this agility on their own terms.”
- Mirantis mise sur Apalia pour renforcer sa position en France | Le Monde Informatique (French)
- Apalia partenaire de Mirantis | La Lettre du Cloud (French)
- Apalia bringt Openstack in die Schweiz | IT Markt Switzerland (German)
- Un partenariat OpenStack en France et en Suisse | Toolinux (French)
- Apalia fait équipe avec Mirantis pour fournir OpenStack en France et en Suisse | Info DSI (French)
- Apalia fait équipe avec Mirantis pour fournir OpenStack en France et en Suisse | ITR Manager (French)