Zero Friction Certified Kubernetes Distribution
Mirantis k0s drastically reduces the complexity of installing and running a fully conformant Kubernetes distribution.
Kubernetes Made Easy: K0s drastically reduces the complexity of installing and running a fully conformant Kubernetes distribution. K0s clusters are distributed as a single binary and are easily deployed to various environments. Developers can create test environments in minutes and have the ability to manage large multi-node clusters with a single command.
Flexible Kubernetes: By default, k0s comes with the core components for enterprise-grade Kubernetes. K0s is highly flexible and works with any Kubernetes extension. Pre-configured components like containerD, Kube-Router and etcd make a good choice to get started, but they can be easily swapped to your favorite solution.
Secure Kubernetes: K0s comes with Transport Layer Security (TLS) encrypted cluster management. It includes CIS security benchmarking and FIPS 140-2 compliance to fulfill hard security demands. To help secure the network, k0s features control-plane isolation to keep applications separate from the cluster management and limit the attack surface.
Enterprise Security, Enabled by Default
- Distributed as a single binary for any Linux OS without additional software packages. Any security vulnerability or performance issue in the Kubernetes stack can be fixed directly in the k0s binary file.
- True Control-plane isolation keeps applications separate from the cluster management. This helps secure the network by limiting the attack surface. The Control-Plane can be entirely separate from the cluster.
- Worker Nodes can run behind the firewall in a local area network, creating additional security for edge or IoT deployments.
- Automatically optimized for any size clusters. K0s runs efficiently in both high-available, multi-node production clusters and small, single-node development clusters.
Mirantis offers world-class support for k0s, enabling you to take advantage of our industry-leading expertise through our CloudCare Portal.
- Site-wide subscription
- 8*5 (Mon-Fri local time of site)
- First response: 4 business hrs
- Next update: 3 business days
Professional services may be used to meet enterprise IT policies for software deployment and configuration.
- Site-wide configuration
- Packaging and distribution
- Custom application deployment and integration
What Makes k0s Unique?
K0s drastically reduces the complexity of installing and running a fully conformant Kubernetes distribution. Clusters can be bootstrapped and deployed within minutes. Less toil for developers during deployments allows them to focus on what matters most.
K0s is distributed as a single binary with no host OS dependencies besides the host OS kernel. It works with any Linux operating system without additional software packages or configuration. Security vulnerabilities or performance issues can be debugged and fixed directly in the k0s distribution.
K0s is completely free for personal or commercial use, and it always will be. The source code is available on GitHub under Apache 2.0 license and will be continuously updated with all the latest Kubernetes features, without delays. It’s an essential foundation for any Kubernetes project and easy to build upon.
Screenshot of k0s cluster from Lens
Grade Use Cases:
K0s flexibility and extensions make it a perfect fit for:
- Enterprise Secure Grade Clusters
- Edge, IoT and Telecom
- Local development clusters
- Private datacenter clusters (on bare metal or virtual machines)
- Hybrid cloud/hyper converged clusters
- Controller node requires just 1 vCPU and 1 GB of RAM
- Worker node requires just 1 vCPU and 0.5 GB of RAM
- X86-64, ARM64, and ARMv7 processor architectures