Mirantis to Debut Docker and Kubernetes Bootcamp at OpenStack Silicon Valley
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – June 6, 2016 – The third annual OpenStack Silicon Valley will be held at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View on August 9-10, 2016. The OpenStack Day, which has sold out the previous two years, brings together key industry decision makers, cloud builders and infrastructure operators to offer practical insights into the business and organizational aspects of OpenStack, and the intersection of OpenStack and cloud technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker.
Mirantis will also debut a Docker and Kubernetes Bootcamp, which will teach students how to leverage Docker and Kubernetes to run containers at scale. The bootcamp – free at OpenStack Silicon Valley – will cover Linux container concepts; installing, integrating, and running Docker; and orchestrating containers using Kubernetes. Prospective students must pre-register, and space is limited.
“OpenStack is at an inflection point, with exciting new developments like Kubernetes disrupting how we think about building and operating clouds today,” said Boris Renski, co-founder and CMO, Mirantis. “Silicon Valley is ground zero for much of this technology innovation. What better place to gather community, customers and vendors to share ideas, experiences and best practices?”
- Andreessen Horowitz, General Partner, Martin Casado
- AT&T, AVP Cloud, Greg Stiegler
- OpenStack Co-Founder and former Rackspace GM, Jim Curry
- CoreOS, CEO, Alex Polvi
- Google, Senior Product Manager, Craig McLuckie
- Intel, Senior VP and General Manager of the Data Center Group, Diane Bryant
- Intel, VP & GM, Software Defined Infrastructure Group, Jonathan Donaldson
- Microsoft, Chief Strategist of the Cloud and Enterprise Division, James Staten
- OpenStack Foundation, Executive Director, Jonathan Bryce
- Puppet Labs, Founder & CEO, Luke Kanies
- SAP, Senior VP HANA, Clark Masters
- Staples, CIO, Tom Conophy
- Volkswagen Group, Corporate Director IT Operational Services & Infrastructure Technologies, Mario Müller
- Williams F1 Team, IT Director, Graeme Hackland
To register or learn more about OpenStack Silicon Valley, visit: https://www.openstacksv.com/.
Mirantis is the pure play OpenStack company, delivering all the software, services, training, and support needed for running OpenStack. More customers rely on Mirantis than on any other company to get to production deployment of OpenStack at scale. Mirantis is among the top three companies worldwide in contributing open source software to OpenStack, and has helped build and deploy some of the largest OpenStack clouds in the world, at companies such as AT&T, Saudi Telecom, Shenzhen Stock Exchange, Symantec, Telstra and Volkswagen. Mirantis is venture-backed by August Capital, Dell Ventures, Ericsson, Goldman Sachs, Intel, Insight Venture Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Siguler Guff & Co., and WestSummit Capital, with headquarters in Sunnyvale, California. Follow us on Twitter at @mirantisit.
Mirantis PR Manager