At the OpenStack summit last month in Austin, Mirantis’ Craig Peters and the OpenStack Foundation’s David Flanders got together to discuss application development on OpenStack with Superuser.TV.
They talked about:
- The importance of the developer experience
- Use cases for OpenStack: what can you actually DO with it?
- Bridging mobile and traditional applications
- Enterprise applications and how to take advantage of existing transactional systems
- How a tiger team can “infect” the rest of the organization with the knowledge of how the cloud brings value
- The convergence of clouds and containers
- Why users need an application catalog to find resources at the right level — and how it shows patterns of use
- The fact that security still matters and why Craig thinks some apps will be in VMs for the rest of our lives
- What NOT to do with your cloud infrastructure
- Making developers support their code in production, and why that’s a Good Thing
- What CIOs should be thinking about when it comes to application development on OpenStack
- And of course, Skynet.
Watch the whole video here: