Want to hear more from Craig on App development? Join us for Accelerating App Development with Continuous Integration Kubernetes on OpenStack.
At the OpenStack summit last month in Austin, Mirantis’ Craig Peters and the OpenStack Foundation’s David Flanders got together to discuss application development on OpenStack with Superuser.TV.
They talked about:
- The importance of the developer experience
- Use cases for OpenStack: what can you actually DO with it?
- Bridging mobile and traditional applications
- Enterprise applications and how to take advantage of existing transactional systems
- How a tiger team can “infect” the rest of the organization with the knowledge of how the cloud brings value
- The convergence of clouds and containers
- Why users need an application catalog to find resources at the right level — and how it shows patterns of use
- The fact that security still matters and why Craig thinks some apps will be in VMs for the rest of our lives
- What NOT to do with your cloud infrastructure
- Making developers support their code in production, and why that’s a Good Thing
- What CIOs should be thinking about when it comes to application development on OpenStack
- And of course, Skynet.
Watch the whole video here: