Mirantis Container Cloud
(formerly Docker Enterprise Container Cloud)
Continuously updated, multi-cloud Kubernetes
Your cloud, everywhere.
Ship code faster.
Kubernetes is complicated. Leveraging multiple cloud platforms, providers, technology stacks, and flavors of Kubernetes is even more complex, demanding, risky, and expensive.
Complexity is slow. Consuming developer cycles. Lengthening backlogs. Disrupting efforts to standardize, reuse, secure, manage from the top. Hindering your ability to focus on your business, and deliver software faster.
Mirantis Container Cloud lets you ship code faster — enabling speed with choice, simplicity, and security.
Container Cloud gives you one set of APIs and tools to deploy, manage, and observe secure-by-default, certified, batteries-included Kubernetes clusters on any infrastructure: public cloud, private cloud, or bare metal. Continuously updated by Mirantis, with zero downtime.
Try it for Free
Try Mirantis Container Cloud for free with full functionality for up to 3 clusters totaling up to 15 nodes.DOWNLOAD
- No vendor lock-in. Use any cloud provider, private cloud infrastructure, or bare metal to deploy Mirantis Container Cloud’s bootstrap and customizable child clusters. Manage across multiple clouds and regions, all from one place: it’s your cloud, everywhere.
- Choice of container orchestration. Mirantis Container Cloud can deploy clusters running Kubernetes, Swarm, or both, so you can use the orchestration model that’s right for your applications today, and tomorrow.
- Integrates with everything. Rest APIs let you connect Mirantis Container Cloud and Mirantis Kubernetes Engine with enterprise IAM, CI/CD, or other modern operations or dev/test workflows; and easily build self-service tools.
- Best-of-breed (but customizable). Fully kubernetes.io compliant, Mirantis Kubernetes Engine comes with solid, ready-for-work Istio ingress and Calico networking, but can readily be customized and extended to meet special requirements.
- Simple, consistent, “as a service” cloud experience. Container Cloud provides operators with one touchpoint and a complete toolkit for multi-cloud Day 1 and 2 operations and centralized policy management, while giving developers self-service options to get resources instantly and deliver software faster.
- Zero-Touch Operations. Automated lifecycle management ensures software updates are applied continuously and without downtime. Get access to the new features you need, faster, with less risk.
- Single pane of glass. Container Cloud provides one point for operations integration, spanning multiple clouds and infrastructure platforms. Built-in Stacklight lets you observe everything in your multi-cloud estate.
- Application portability (and DevOps portability). Container Cloud lets you run and manage consistent Mirantis Kubernetes Engine clusters anywhere, making containerized workloads and configurations highly portable, and DevOps seamless.
- Continuous, zero-downtime updates. Stay 100% current with patches to Mirantis Container Cloud, Mirantis Kubernetes Engine, and relevant dependencies, while maintaining availability of management and child clusters.
- Enterprise- and cloud-ready core security model. Mirantis Container Cloud provides a mature, layered, role-based security and secrets model that seamlessly protects critical credentials and limits permissions, without slowing you down.
- Secure-by-default Kubernetes. Kubernetes delivered in Mirantis Kubernetes Engine clusters is hardened for enterprise production use, and its Mirantis Container Runtime engine features content trust, DISA STIG, OSCAL, FIPS 140-2 encryption, and other technologies required by Gov/Mil and regulated industries.
Full Stack Lifecycle
Mirantis Container Cloud solves the complex problem of continuous lifecycle management for the full stack of K8s and related technologies covering OS, container runtime, networking, storage, service mesh, image registry, and more.
And it does so across multiple cloud providers and infrastructure domains, including bare metal — providing a consistent experience for end users regardless of underlying infrastructures.
At the heart of Mirantis Container Cloud is a centralized lifecycle management service that regularly checks for updated software artifacts from Mirantis. If any updates are available, the management cluster will retrieve updated artifacts and perform a rolling update on itself that keeps management functions online.
Updates and upgrades can then be scheduled and pushed to regional and child clusters in a fully-secure, similarly non-disruptive way, via rolling updates that keep workloads available.
Self-Service K8s for Developers
Mirantis Container Cloud provides a user-friendly web interface as well as an API for your developers to create, observe, and manage their own K8s clusters, within “guardrails” you establish for each Mirantis Container Cloud environment and role.
The ability to deploy, manage and scale consistent, secure-by-default clusters on demand unleashes new kinds of speed and agility: freeing teams to iterate faster; automate more aggressively; and exploit modern application-lifecycle paradigms like canary and blue/green deployments. Result: you’ll deliver better software faster, with less risk, reduced operational overhead, and greater resource efficiency.
Complementing Mirantis Container Cloud is Lens — the leading open-source Kubernetes IDE. Lens is laser-focused on accelerating the fast inner loop of container and Kubernetes development: managing credentials for any number of Kubernetes clusters, and providing deep, fast insight into objects and container workloads — with built-in metrics, log views, context-aware terminals, and other convenient features. Tell your developer to try Lens, today!DOWNLOAD LENS