Mirantis Newsletter - January 2022
Every month, Mirantis sends out a newsletter chronicling top industry and company news. Below you’ll find links to blogs, tutorials, videos, and the latest updates to our enterprise, open source, and training offerings. If you don’t currently receive the newsletter, you can subscribe by clicking the button on the top right.
Mirantis Brings Secure Registries to Any Kubernetes Distro
Launched earlier this month, Mirantis Secure Registry 3.0 supports usage across any Kubernetes distribution to help enterprises secure their software supply chain. Used by federal agencies, Fortune 500 banks and financial services companies worldwide, MSR automatically secures artifacts with policies and role-based access control to ensure container images are scanned and free from vulnerabilities.
Mirantis Joins Mission of the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) Program
Mirantis has achieved the designation of CVE Numbering Authority by the CVE Program, an initiative sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Mirantis is now authorized to assign CVE numbers to security vulnerabilities in our products. This enables us to streamline the process of publishing accurate and timely vulnerability information, so our customers are well informed and able to quickly resolve security vulnerabilities.
Get Guaranteed Outcomes for Mirantis Kubernetes Engine with OpsCare We’ve added continuous monitoring and automated alerting to MKE, enabling us to extend our OpsCare 24x7x365 proactive support to MKE customers.
Swarm-Only Mode for Mirantis Kubernetes Engine 3.5.0 With this new setting enabled, MKE will support only Swarm orchestration and Docker containers. The resulting platform is smaller and simpler, and avoids security risks associated with Kubernetes.
NGINX Ingress Controller in Mirantis Kubernetes Engine 3.5.0 In MKE 3.5.0, we switched the ingress controller from Istio to NGINX Ingress Controller, which many of our customers prefer.
Spotlight on Security
- How Mirantis Secure Registry Protects Deployments Across the Software Lifecycle
- Stay Informed with the Mirantis Product Security Incident Response Team
- What is Log4Shell, and How Can You Tell if You're Affected?
- Deploy Mirantis Secure Registry on any Kubernetes (Minikube, EKS, GKE, k0s)
DevOpsCare Fully Managed CI/CD for Any Kubernetes Environment
- [Blog + Video] Get Started with a Free Trial of Mirantis Container Cloud
Learn how to deploy a K8s cluster, scale up, deploy an app, and upgrade
- What’s New in K8s 1.23: Events API, Pod Security Standards, IPv6, and More
- [Book Excerpt] Python for Mere Mortals
Training and Certification
Training is a continuous process, which is why a Mirantis Training Subscription is the most flexible way to access our extensive training portfolio and hands-on labs across various cloud technologies.
- Conveniently purchase a bank of Training Credits that can be redeemed throughout the year for any Mirantis training or certification offering to continuously meet the evolving needs of your team.
- Choose from 5 subscription levels to match your organization’s specific requirements.
Upcoming Public Classes
|Docker Containerization Essentials (CN100)||Live Virtual||Feb 9, US time||REGISTER|
|Kubernetes Application Essentials (CN120)||Live Virtual||Jan 31-Feb 1, US time||REGISTER|
|Kubernetes Operations (CN220)||Live Virtual||Feb 17-18, US time||REGISTER|
|Advanced Kubernetes Operations (CN320)||Live Virtual||Feb 22-23, US time||REGISTER|