Joint testing, detailed reference architecture combines the agility of OpenStack with best-of-breed enterprise data management
Mountain View, CA — October 12, 2015 — Mirantis, the pure-play OpenStack company, today announced a joint partnership with NetApp to combine the stability and agility of Mirantis OpenStack with NetApp’s storage solutions. Working together, Mirantis and NetApp will provide customers in-depth joint testing, validations, and reference architectures.
“NetApp is a vital contributor to OpenStack, a charter member of the OpenStack Foundation, and a visionary in bringing mission-critical data to the cloud,” said Kamesh Pemmaraju, vice president of product marketing, Mirantis. “The partnership will help put our joint expertise into the hands of the user. It leverages the latest release of Mirantis OpenStack to address High-Availability use cases for both cloud-native and traditional applications targeted for high-SLA environments.”
“Enterprises rely on NetApp for their enterprise data management requirements, including protection and storage efficiency of their mission-critical data,” said Jeff O’Neal, Sr. Director of OpenStack at NetApp. “Now enterprises can trust that NetApp’s Data Fabric ready portfolio is interoperable with Mirantis OpenStack for production deployments, bringing mission-critical data management and protection to the cloud.”
As part of the partnership:
- NetApp block storage drivers (Cinder drivers) have been validated for MOS 7.0, enabling enterprises to leverage NetApp’s enterprise-class storage with the just-released Mirantis OpenStack 7.0.;
- Mirantis has validated a Fuel plugin for NetApp, which simplifies and automates configuration and deployment;
- Soon, customers will be able to leverage NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP storage for the next version of OpenStack called Mitaka;
Mirantis is sponsoring and presenting at the NetApp Insight conference at Las Vegas the week of Oct 12, 2015.
- Read Mirantis and NetApp’s joint blog: https://wp.me/p2WWnY-2JB4
- Learn about OpenStack @ NetApp: https://netapp.github.io
- Download the Mirantis-NetApp reference architecture: https://www.mirantis.com/partners/mirantis-technology-partners/mirantis-unlocked-partners-netapp/
- Download the Fuel plugin for NetApp: https://www.mirantis.com/products/openstack-drivers-and-plugins/fuel-plugins/
Mirantis is the pure play OpenStack company, delivering all the software, services, training, and support needed for running OpenStack. More customers rely on Mirantis than any other company to get to production deployment of OpenStack at scale. Mirantis is among the top three companies worldwide in contributing open source software to OpenStack, and has helped build and deploy some of the largest OpenStack clouds in the world, at companies such as Cisco, Comcast, Ericsson, NASA, Samsung and Symantec. Mirantis is venture-backed by August Capital, Ericsson, Goldman Sachs, Intel Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Siguler Guff & Co., and WestSummit Capital, with headquarters in Mountain View, California. Follow us on Twitter at @mirantisit.
PR manager, Mirantis