Companies join forces to protect data assets in OpenStack cloud
SANTA CLARA, Calif. and SUNNYVALE, Calif. — December 15, 2015 — Mirantis®, the pure-play OpenStack® company, and Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the next-generation security company, today announced a joint partnership and availability of Palo Alto Networks next-generation security as a virtual network function (VNF) within Mirantis OpenStack, a production-grade OpenStack distribution. The combination protects applications from cyberthreats while taking advantage of the agility, cost savings, and innovation of the OpenStack cloud ecosystem.
- “OpenStack cloud environments are an attractive choice for many organizations because it gives them flexibility to accelerate innovation by rapidly deploying emerging technologies such as network function virtualization (NFV). We have teamed with Mirantis to give organizations next-generation security as a virtual network function (VNF) needed to operationalize OpenStack and effectively prevent successful cyber breaches.”
- Marc Benoit, vice president of technical business development, Palo Alto Networks
- “As enterprises transition to a cloud infrastructure model, they migrate from hardware-based network services to a software-based, virtualized approach. Integrating Mirantis OpenStack with Palo Alto Networks VM-Series next-generation firewall is a good example of helping accelerate and secure this transition,” said Kamesh Pemmaraju, Mirantis vice president of product marketing. “Our Unlocked partner ecosystem makes it easy for companies to build an OpenStack cloud infrastructure with best-of-breed components.”
As part of the collaborative efforts, Palo Alto Networks has joined Mirantis’ Unlocked Technology Partner Program. Through this effort, organizations will be able to easily and confidently deploy and manage Palo Alto Networks VM-Series next-generation firewalls on Mirantis OpenStack using Fuel, an OpenStack project for deploying and managing OpenStack.
- Mirantis and Palo Alto Networks Solution Brief
- Mirantis and Palo Alto Networks Installation Runbook
- Palo Alto Networks blog: Palo Alto Networks and Mirantis Collaborate To Make OpenStack Enterprise Class
- Mirantis blog: Advanced Security Service Insertion in OpenStack Cloud
About Palo Alto Networks
Palo Alto Networks is the next-generation security company, leading a new era in cybersecurity by safely enabling applications and preventing cyber breaches for tens of thousands of organizations worldwide. Built with an innovative approach and highly differentiated cyberthreat prevention capabilities, our game-changing security platform delivers security far superior to legacy or point products, safely enables daily business operations, and protects an organization’s most valuable assets. Find out more at www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Mirantis is the pure play OpenStack company, delivering all the software, services, training, and support needed for running OpenStack. More customers rely on Mirantis than on any other company to get to production deployment of OpenStack at scale. Mirantis is among the top three companies worldwide in contributing open source software to OpenStack, and has helped build and deploy some of the largest OpenStack clouds in the world, at companies such as Cisco, Comcast, Ericsson, NASA, Samsung and Symantec. Mirantis is venture-backed by August Capital, Ericsson, Goldman Sachs, Intel Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Siguler Guff & Co., and WestSummit Capital, with headquarters in Sunnyvale, California. Follow us on Twitter at @mirantisit.
Mirantis PR Manager
Voce Communications for Palo Alto Networks