Integrated Container Security at Every Step of the Application Lifecycle
Docker Enterprise gives your applications greater protection without sacrificing performance or adding extra cost.
With Docker Enterprise, you get an integrated security framework for delivering safer applications and improving policy automation without sacrificing performance. Docker Enterprise adds an extra layer of protection that travels with your applications in a secure supply chain that traverses any infrastructure and across the application lifecycle. And with a single interface and centrally-managed content, you get a seamless workflow that improves governance and ensures compliance across your entire organization.
- Granular & flexible role-based access controls (RBAC) enable your teams to work quickly, efficiently and seamlessly as a repeatable business process, sparking creativity and innovation. RBAC allows diverse teams to work within the same operational environment while limiting what actions specific groups can take. Docker Enterprise integrates with your LDAP and/or Active Directory and authentication can be granted through SAML 2.0 or Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) to ensure that your RBAC policies can be deployed across any environment and are not bound to a specific cloud provider.
- Secure application zones enable multi-tenancy within individual clusters. That allows your organization to maximize the utilization of your compute resources by providing for numerous applications to be managed within the same cluster. In addition, application development can remain agile without creating new clusters for every team, application and project, which saves time and reduces complexity.
Secure Content Across the Software Supply Chain
- Image signing and vulnerability scanning allow your operations teams to have a clear understanding of what is inside your container; who is the author, what is the bill of materials of the container image and whether there is a critical vulnerability. These automated insights greatly improve your organization’s ability to meet your compliance requirements and prevent security breaches.
- Policy-based image promotion and image pruning accelerates the DevOps pipeline, allowing you to act on images that pass security scans by promoting them automatically, or removing them if they’re no longer needed. This policy driven automation is how organizations can scale their secure management of containers as they get to hundreds and thousands of images.
- System-level mutual TLS authentication and cryptographic node identity ensure that communications stay inside the cluster, and foreign nodes stay outside, preventing data leakage and attacks.
- Application-level isolation with authentication/authorization lets you share resources without sacrificing security because you must explicitly open network communications to an application for any application or person to see or access it.
FIPS 140-2 validated cryptographic modules ensure that Docker Engine – Enterprise meets the standards required by the US Federal government and other regulated industries by delivering on the fundamental confidentiality, integrity and availability objectives of information security.
Learn more about Docker Enterprise
Docker Enterprise is the fastest way to securely build, share and run modern applications anywhere. Download the datasheet to learn more.GET THE DATASHEET