Mirantis Newsletter - December 2021
Every month, the team at Mirantis sends out a newsletter chronicling top industry and company news. Below you’ll find links to thought leadership articles, blogs, tutorials, and the latest updates to our enterprise, open source, and training offerings. If you don’t currently receive the newsletter, you can subscribe using the botton on the top right.
Mirantis Launches DevOpsCare for All Major Kubernetes Platforms
Last week, Mirantis released DevOpsCare powered by Lens, a vendor-agnostic, fully-managed CI/CD product for any Kubernetes environment, backed by guaranteed results. It boosts developer productivity and job satisfaction by removing infrastructure concerns and freeing devs to focus on building great applications, using any K8s platform, anywhere.
Read launch blog | Download datasheet
Kubernetes for Everyone: Lens 5.3 with Managed Dev Clusters
Last month, Mirantis announced Lens 5.3, featuring Managed Dev Clusters, which enable Lens users to easily run Lens-hosted personal K8s clusters, optimized for software development. Read our launch blog to find out how to get started for free. Other features of Lens 5.3 include the new Spaces Switcher and Port Forwarding 2.0. Learn more »
Mirantis Container Cloud on Equinix Metal
Fully-managed Mirantis Container Cloud on Equinix Metal is available in 18 globally interconnected metros, enabling IT operators and developers to instantly deploy, monitor, and lifecycle-manage K8s clusters on interconnected, on-demand infrastructure for increased performance and flexibility.
A Behind-the-Scenes Look at Mirantis Engineering
What does it take to create world-class cloud products, leveraging open source innovation to build cohesive, value-added solutions? Check out this blog to go behind the scenes of Mirantis product innovation and get a rare view into the daily life of our Mirantis Secure Registry development team.
- Mirantis Container Cloud 2.14 - Release 2.14 adds support for private networking for Equinix Metal or existing on-prem networks, upstream CentOS 7.9 for OpenStack and RHEL 8.4 for vSphere (tech preview), and new versions of Mirantis Kubernetes Engine.
- Mirantis Kubernetes Engine 3.5 - Key enhancements include OIDC SSO provider support, Swarm-only mode for simplified lifecycle management, OpsCare DevOps-as-a-Service enablement, and Kubernetes eBPF support for massive clusters with high traffic throughout.
- Mirantis OpenStack for Kubernetes 21.6 - This release has tech previews of features designed to enhance security and expand networking options. These include image signature verification, enhanced secrets management, and multi-rack architecture support for Tungsten Fabric.
- How to Protect Your Workloads from AWS Outages
- The Time to Regain Control Over Multi-cloud Computing is Now
- If You're Managing Your Clouds Individually, Are You Really Doing Multi-cloud?
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Mirantis Flow Data Center as a Service
- Kustomize vs Helm – Grudge Match, or Match Made in Heaven?
- Dec 15 - Meetup: Lens 5.3 - Kubernetes for Everyone
- Python for Mere Mortals eBook (2nd Edition)
Training and Certification
According to a recent Gartner survey, the talent shortage is the greatest barrier to deploying emerging cloud technologies. Mirantis offers hands-on learning for containers, Kubernetes, and OpenStack, along with industry-recognized certification to validate your team’s skills.
View our courses |
Upcoming public classes
|Docker Containerization Essentials (CN100)||Live Virtual||Dec 16, EMEA time||REGISTER|
|Kubernetes Application Essentials (CN120)||Live Virtual||Dec 14-15, US time||REGISTER|
|Kubernetes Native App Development (CN230)||Live Virtual||Dec 16-17, US time||REGISTER|
Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe to the Mirantis newsletter to say up to date — click the subscribe button on the upper right.