Expands leadership bench with CFO, COO and other key executive hires
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — February 4, 2015 — Mirantis, the pure-play OpenStack company, closed 2015 with record sales, including 127 enterprise customers in production deployments across financial, telecommunications, media, and retail sectors. The company also grew its subscription business by 4x.
“Our outstanding growth is reflective of the huge market opportunity we have in front of us. As AWS continues disrupting the $150 billion dollar cloud infrastructure market, OpenStack will rise up as the only viable open source alternative,” said Mirantis CEO, Alex Freedland. “We aim to make Mirantis OpenStack the best OpenStack platform for developing and running cloud applications, and our growing leadership team is critical to this success. We will invest in innovation upstream, building our technology partner programs, and solving key customer needs in OpenStack such as ease of operation.”
Mirantis has also expanded its executive team with several key hires:
- COO, Jim Dvorkin: Dvorkin brings 15 years of technology and operational experience building companies in the cloud computing space. He has served on the Mirantis board of directors for 5 years as a highly regarded Silicon Valley entrepreneur and innovator. As COO, Dvorkin actively oversees the Mirantis engineering, professional services and customer support organizations. Previously, Jim served as CTO at Five9, a cloud-based call center software company that went public in 2014, where he managed software development, data center operations, customer support and implementation.
- CFO, Rik Thorbecke: Thorbecke was a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers and most recently CFO of number of startups such as Meltwater and Plastic Logic. He has also served in executive finance roles at Equinix, Levi Strauss and Electronic Arts. At Mirantis, Thorbecke will up-level the company’s global financial strategy and operations, human resources, legal, administration and IT activities to be on par with Wall Street requirements.
- EVP/GM, Enterprise Cloud Business Unit, Chris Keene: Keene joins Mirantis from BMC, where he ran the $220 million cloud and automation group. Previously, he sold his open source software PaaS company, WaveMaker, to VMware and then led the $400 million spinout of Big Fast Data as the Pivotal initiative. At Mirantis, Keene will work on accelerating the company’s revenue growth by focusing on the business value of private cloud solutions from Mirantis.
- EVP/GM, Services, Parvesh Sethi: Sethi joins Mirantis from Cisco, where he led a global, multibillion-dollar professional services organization of more than 8,000 members. His role encompassed key growth initiatives such as digitization/IoT, cloud, security, software platforms and managed/hosted services. At Mirantis, Sethi leads the long-term strategy, growth and transformation of the global Services business.
- SVP Worldwide Sales, Marque Teegardin: Teegardin has enjoyed tremendous success over a 20-year career in the software industry. He contributed to the significant growth at market-leading companies, PTC, Inc and NICE Systems, where he led teams responsible for over $500m in annual revenue. Prior to Mirantis, Teegardin led a rebuilding effort at StoredIQ, an Austin Texas based Big Data Governance company. StoredIQ doubled its revenue and became one of the most successful acquisitions in IBM history under Teegardin’s leadership. Since joining Mirantis in March of 2015, Teegardin has led the team in a record-breaking year of top-line sales revenue.
The hires follow a pivotal year for Mirantis. The company announced a strategic technology and investment collaboration with Intel as part of a $100 million capital infusion with new investor Goldman Sachs and existing investors August Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Ericsson, Sapphire Ventures (formerly SAP Ventures) and WestSummit Capital. Mirantis also launched its Unlocked Technology Partner Program, inking partnerships with EMC, Pivotal, CoreOS, NetApp, and others, and an NFV initiative that spurred integrations with Citrix, Metaswitch, Overture Networks, and Palo Alto Networks. Meanwhile, the OpenStack Technical Committee voted for Fuel, a deployment and management tool for OpenStack that Mirantis open sourced in 2013, to become an OpenStack project under Big Tent.
To learn more about Mirantis’ management team, visit: https://www.mirantis.com/company/leadership/
Mirantis is the pure play OpenStack company, delivering all the software, services, training, and support needed for running OpenStack. More customers rely on Mirantis than on any other company to get to production deployment of OpenStack at scale. Mirantis is among the top three companies worldwide in contributing open source software to OpenStack, and has helped build and deploy some of the largest OpenStack clouds in the world, at companies such as Cisco, Comcast, Ericsson, NASA, Samsung and Symantec. Mirantis is venture-backed by August Capital, Ericsson, Goldman Sachs, Intel Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Siguler Guff & Co., and WestSummit Capital, with headquarters in Sunnyvale, California. Follow us on Twitter at @mirantisit.